What Happens to the Burned Fats in the Body?

What happens to the burned bats in the body? As the famous cartoonist Yiğit Özgür humorously draws, if we suddenly get up from where we are sitting, will our fats continue to sit on the sofa? Or does it suddenly turn into energy or heat? Otherwise, is it broken into small pieces and excreted through feces? If neither of them is true, then, how do we get rid of our fats? It seems that most body fats infuse in the air with our breath

We get protein and carbohydrates with foods and then our body stores the excess amount of them. The form of the stored protein and carbohydrates is fat, as a technical language triglyceride molecules. These molecules, triglycerides, are made up of three atoms: carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. Fats could be burned when triglyceride is broken down through oxidation.

While many oxygen molecules are used in the oxidation (combustion) process of triglycerides, carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H2O) come out as waste products. Actually, this information is already known. However, researchers Ruben Meerman and Andrew Brown from the University of New South Wales, Australia did the mathematical calculations of the combustion process. (His work was published in the British Medical Journal on December 16, 2014.) According to the calculations, 84% of the fat is converted to carbon dioxide during weight loss through the lungs, and the remaining 16% is converted to water such as urine, feces, sweat, breath, tears or It is excreted from the body with other bodily fluids. For instance, when 10 kg of fats are burned, 8.4 kg of carbon dioxide and 1.6 kg of water are released at the end of the combustion process.

One of the conclusions from this research is that the lungs are an essential excretory organ in weight loss. Another result is to be aware of our body’s physical limitations and to be alert to the claims made with the guarantee of “losing weight in a short time”. Let’s look at the words of Prof. Andrew Brown’s and co-author Ruben Meerman’s words:

There is a limit to the amount of weight we can lose on a per-day basis. This limit is determined by how much carbon dioxide we exhale during the day. The weight loss industry(!) makes ridiculous claims about losing excessive amounts of weight which is not possible for most people. Fortunately, our research will help us understand why you can’t lose 15 pounds in one day.

(under the cartoon) For people who are unfamiliar with the subject: Fat molecules are hydrophobic (afraid of water), so when you put oil and water together, they won’t mix. In fact, this feature plays a critical role in the evolution of life from non-living.

Although the process of losing weight is painful, the formula itself is actually quite simple: We will either consume less carbon-based foods or do more exercise to remove excess carbon accumulated in the body.